A few things I either learned or was reminded of while traveling to Baltimore this evening.
- I live in a beautiful town (Traverse City), but it would really benefit from some cultural and ethnic diversity.
- Both airport men’s washrooms I visited indicated that men clearly cannot aim. Can not. Can’t. Nuh-uh.
- Starbucks stores that brew bold after noon are the best Starbucks stores. (However, watch out for 2., above.)
- Noise-reducing headphones work very well for noise, but what we really need are talk-reducing headphones. Or talk-eliminating headphones, which would cost even more but be worth it, no doubt.
- If you can read this, the WordPress app for iPhone is really very nice.
- The air vents in DTW are exactly the same ones as those at Interlochen’s Dow Center for Visual Arts, and they are an aesthetically wonderful design. Very aero.
- Truly ubiquitous wifi will make the world a significantly better place.
- It is possible to miss your family before you even leave the house. Does that emotion have a name?
- I can’t keep up with magazines unless I travel. Layovers help.
- Carry-on portion distortion is the new epidemic and must be addressed. I think that guy has his groceries in that bag. Check your bag, folks, it isn’t that hard. Really.
- Speaking of cultural diversity, my Ukrainian cab driver was very happy to tell me how to drink a lot and not get drunk. His opinion was that American’s can’t drink because they don’t eat while they are drinking. Apparently, this is the key: Eat a lot, drink a lot, you don’t get drunk. I don’t think he was drunk at the time he was telling me this, but I am not sure.
I already look forward to my return trip.
And now, to bed.